The continued fight for marijuana legalization throughout North America continues to rage on. As more and more states sign on to legalize the use of recreational and medicinal cannabis, new consumers to the product are being introduced every single day. With advancements intrinsic to the increasingly legalized industry, different cannabis delivery methods are worth a closer look.
To enjoy the medicinal or recreational benefits of cannabis, be sure to reflect upon the different methods to find the style right for you. In today’s discussion, let’s highlight the most common forms of cannabis consumption as well as their corresponding pros and cons.
Roll a joint, load a chillum, or top your favorite bowl. Smoking cannabis is the most popular form of cannabis consumption due to its ease-of-access and low-level learning curve. Consumption of cannabis through combustion can be explored via portable pipes, hitting a bong, rolling a joint with paper, or loading up a bubbler.
- Ease of Access
- Exceptionally Affordable
- Quick Hitting Effects
- Flexible Consumption Options
- Simple Dosing Methods
- Harsh on the Respiratory System
- Least Efficient Cannabis Delivery Method
- Tars and Toxins
For the cannabis consumer that wants to enjoy a high-quality buzz without the negative physical characteristics intrinsic to combustion, opt for a cannabis vaporizer. Cannabis vaping devices come in desktop and handheld variants. Devices like the Volcano Classic provide users with the ability to vaporize dry herb and concentrates in the same device.
- Limit Exposure to Toxins
- Most Efficient Form of Cannabis Consumption
- High-Quality High Requires Less Flower
- Absolute Control Over Dosage/Extraction
- Minimized Harmful Byproducts
- Preloaded Vape Pens Can Run Out of Battery Life
- Higher Cost of Entry
- Larger Learning Curve For New Consumers
There is an adage in the world of marijuana edibles and it goes like this, “An edible doesn’t start until you talk bad about it.” Edibles are among the most popular ways to consume cannabis because they provide tasty and discreet consumption options. Edibles provide a long-lasting, body-heavy high that can vary based upon strain, body composition, and stomach contents.
- Dynamic Delivery Options From Great Cultivators
- Easy For ANYONE To Try
- Simple 5mg – 10mg Doses Work For Everyone
- Digestive System Processes Cannabis Slowly
- 11-Hydroxy-THC Provides A Powerful High
- Easy to Over Consume
- Can’t Be Combined With Alcohol or an Empty Stomach
As the cannabis world continues to grow and evolve, more and more consumers are being introduced to cannabis tinctures. These liquid extracts provide quick sublingual access to the cannabinoids we need for medical and recreational relief.
- Flexible Consumption-Based Upon Drops
- Longer Lasting, Slower Acting High
- Portable and Discreet
- Slow Onset
- Harder to Dose For New Consumers
Cannabis topicals take the form of ointments, sprays, balms, and lotions. These products feature cannabis oils that have been decarboxylated to provide active cannbinoids.
- Discreet and Easy to Apply
- Cerebral and Psychoactive Stimulation
- Ideal For Pain Relief
- Less Control Over Dosing
- Slower Onset Requires Patience
- Higher Cost of Entry
When the time comes to consume cannabis responsibly, inquire after a medical marijuana card through the team at All Greens Clinic. Based out of Sun City, All Greens Clinic provides medical marijuana evaluations, certifications, acupuncture, patient education, and access to the highest quality CBD products available.