The state of Arizona joined in on the movement toward cannabis legalization when voters passed the Smart and Safe Act, also known as Proposition 207, on November 3rd, 2020. Prop 207 would legalize recreational cannabis for use by adults aged 21 and older, allowing those without a medical cannabis card to legally purchase their cannabis wellness products.
With the legalization of marijuana in the state of Arizona, many medical cardholders are wondering if they should maintain possession of their medical cannabis card. Let’s explore this topic more thoroughly to underscore the benefits and advantages that a medical card can provide.
What Does Cannabis Legalization in Arizona Mean?
The legalization of recreational cannabis in the state of Arizona has opened up doors to health and wellness to an entire demographic of people. Yet, there are still certain restrictions in place concerning Proposition 207.
Legalized recreational cannabis allows:
- Legal For 21+
- 1 oz Flower Limit
- 5 g Concentrate Limit
- May Grow up to 6 Plants
Should I Retain My Medical Cannabis Card?
While the legalization of recreational cannabis in the state of Arizona has opened many doors for new clients, those with existing medical cannabis cards would do well to retain them.
Obtaining an Arizona Medical Cannabis Card
Acquiring a cannabis card can be a winning decision for individuals even in a post-legalization Arizona. Acquiring a medical card involves two essential fees: $150 to the State of Arizona for the card (2-Years) as well as the fee for your doctor’s visit for approval. These fees can range between $75 — $150, depending on the provider.
To see if you qualify for a medical cannabis card, sign up for a medical marijuana evaluation at the appropriate marijuana clinic.
Advantages of Your Medical Cannabis Card
Once a medical cannabis card has been acquired, it can serve to provide individuals with a host of benefits. Medical cards don’t just guarantee access to the wellness products we need to live happily and healthily, they also provide several other financial and recreational advantages.
- Save on Taxes — In the state of Arizona, recreational cannabis consumers pay upwards of 24.6% in taxes. A $67 1/8th turns into nearly $85. A medical cannabis card reduces that tax rate down to just 16%.
- Medical Accessibility — The COVID-19 pandemic ushered in a time of uncertainty for people all over the planet. With that being said, medical marijuana dispensaries remained open and available due to their medical importance. A cannabis card ensures continued access to the medicine you require.
- Expanded Menus & Better Products — While both recreational and medicinal shoppers can access beneficial cannabis products, those shoppers with a medical card will have a larger menu of products to browse from. Medical cannabis products are routinely higher in potency as well as more varied in selection, offering the best of both worlds to the savvy shopper.
- Fewer Product Restrictions — We listed the restrictions for recreational users above, but we need to highlight the accessibility that comes with a cannabis card. Medical cardholders can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of medical cannabis within a two-week period. Medical cardholders can also grow their own cannabis should they live more than 25 miles from the closest dispensary.
Pursue Wellness Your Way at All Greens Clinic
All Greens Clinic is proud to serve the good folks of the Sun City as a medical marijuana clinic. Offering evaluations and certifications as well as high-quality CBD products, All Greens Clinic endeavors to provide resources and advocacy for individuals looking to embrace the growing medical marijuana community.
The team at All Greens Clinic is proud to serve clients throughout Phoenix and the surrounding area with an array of winning services related to their health and wellness goals. Let’s take a look at where All Greens Clinic can provide support for YOU.
- Patient Education & Advocacy
- Medical Marijuana Evaluation + Certification
- Dispensary-grade CBD Products
- Free Consultation in a Comfortable Atmosphere
Schedule your appointment today to begin your journey toward medical cannabis relief.