Timing the use of CBD oil, like with any other medication, is important to ensuring you get the most out of its use. Certain medications work best at night when the body is at rest or a certain amount of time before symptoms generally start to emerge. So, is there such a timing consideration when using CBD products? The answer is yes.
As a general recommendation, the timing for CBD oil use depends on what symptoms or conditions you are trying to address. Using CBD for anxiety and similar concerns can be most effective by using the recommended dosage an hour or two before the activity- an outing, a big meeting, etc. People who use CBD oil as a sleep aid generally get the best results when they use it right before bedtime – so you get to sleep easy and so the effects last through the night and allow you to sleep soundly. If you are looking to address pain issues with CBD oil you should try and use it a couple of hours before the expected pain or issues to arise – before working out, before a long flight, or when you first wake up in the morning.
It is important to remember that CBD products, especially higher doses and for those not used to the substance, can cause sleepiness and drowsiness. So, take care when you first start using CBD products of any kind until you see how it affects you. Also, don’t forget CBD oil effects, depending on the dose you are using, can last for up to several hours after the initial use and can have a lingering effect for some people. So carefully consider when weighing the pros and cons of CBD oil use in your personal life.
There are also a few other things to consider when deciding when to use CBD oil and how to time it to get the maximum benefits with the fewest risks or concerns:
- Will you be around other people and if so, what would their reactions be if you used the oil around them?
- Are you going to be in a position where you have to drive or operate machinery?
- If in a social setting is there a risk of saying or doing something you may regret if you get drowsy or fuzzy?
- Will if possibly make you less likely tp perform vital tasks such as tending to your children or performing your job?
- Any other specific concerns you may have that need to be weighed and discussed with family or medical experts?
CBD oils can have a wonderful effect and bring many positive results when used properly and at the right time. Working with experts who understand CBD products can help shed light on common myths and misconceptions and make it easier for you to decide what is best in your situation. To learn more, contact All Green Clinic today and schedule a consultation!