Gum disease results from the build-up and accumulation of plaque on our teeth. According to the most recent CDC publication, nearly 47% of adults over the age of 30 will experience periodontal disease. As a result of this widespread problem, people around the world are looking for newer and better solutions. Thanks to the ongoing CBD and cannabis wellness revolution, more and more consumers are coming to find the benefits that they can provide.
Today, we are going to take a closer look at how CBD can help to combat gum disease.
Can CBD Help Combat Gum Disease?
Cannabidiol is a cannabinoid found within the cannabis sativa plant. First discovered in 1940 by a chemist from Harvard, CBD has gone on to become a leading support supplement for many different health and wellness issues. While studies are still ongoing, we understand cannabidiol helps reduce both sensitivity and inflammation, helping to minimize some of the most problematic symptoms of gum disease.
Here are a few common conditions that CBD can help with.
- Swollen Gums – Swollen gums are often due to poor hygiene practices. As a result, we tend to develop bacteria that can eventually manifest as swelling. Swollen gums can develop into aches and even bleeding if they aren’t treated properly. Work with a dentist but consider adding CBD to your routine.
- Sensitive Teeth – Tooth sensitivity is often caused by a swollen nerve. This swollen nerve can cause gum pain, as well. CBD can help to dull that sensitivity until the damage can be exposed and corrected by a dental professional.
- Tooth Decay – For minor tooth decay, taking CBD can help address inflammation. CBD can’t solve major tooth decay issues, so you’ll still need support from a dental professional.
- TMJ – TMJ is a semi-common disorder that involves the joint connecting the jaw to the skull. Pain and discomfort can correspond with inflammation and erosion, leading to chronic issues. Certain studies have shown that cannabidiol can reduce symptoms of TMJ.
Importance of Good Bacteria
While bad bacteria can cause gum disease and other oral issues, our mouths still need good bacteria. Healthy mouth bacteria help to maintain a balanced PH environment, preventing bad bacteria from taking hold. Additionally, maintaining healthy oral hygiene will prevent you from experiencing dry mouth, cavities, and bad breath.
How to develop healthy bacteria
- Quit Smoking
- Brush Your Teeth Along the Gum Line (Twice Daily)
- Floss Regularly
- Avoid Sugary Drinks
- Drink Plenty of Water
All Greens Clinic: Enjoy Medical Grade CBD Today!
All Greens Clinic is proud to serve the greater Phoenix area with access to medical marijuana evaluations and certification services. Customers can stop by for a free consultation in both a discrete and comfortable atmosphere. With wait times under 30 minutes, customers in the area are only a visit away from their wellness solutions and needs.